Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Back to work

Well it had to come round I suppose, but now it's here the idea of being a stay at home mum is very appealing. I guess Chris needs to get a promotion first or we need to win the lottery - I think the later is more likely. I'm only going back 3 days a week though so I guess its not too bad and I do have a nice big holiday to look forward to next month - nothing like easing yourself back into it. I've also made some scrummy biscuits to take in with me that's provided I haven't munched them all by then! I bought the Hairy Bikers 'Mum knows best' cook book so have been working my way through a few of the recipes but keep going back to the coffee kisses and cheesy nibbles page! Although that said I modified the coffee kisses recipe slightly to take out the butter cream and include a spoon full of coconut hot chocolate mix as the coffee flavour wasn't strong enough. I think I've made around 4 batches of each so far and that's just between me and Chris! Ahh well I never manage to stick to diets...

Nathan on the other hand is doing well with his food and he's now on his 3 meals. Not sure when he'll next get weighed officially again as I'm now working on the day the baby clinic is, so we'll just have to improvise at home and get a rough idea.

No comments: