Friday, October 2, 2009

Nasty doctors!

We had to take Nathan for his first jabs this morning. I decided I couldn't face it on my own so made Chris come with me! The doctor checked him over first and just did a general check on his progress which was all fine. She did however spout some rubbish about watching his weight dropping and that we may need to top him up with formula? Given his weight has steadily increased since his initial loss after the birth, I mentioned this to the health visitor who as good as told me to ignore her! The health visitor was nice (they are the ones that do the jabs), I didn't have the nerve to hold Nathan while it was getting done so Chris did the honours. It was two injections, one in each thigh and judging by Nathan's screams it must have hurt him, bless his wee cotton socks, a swift suck of the boob though soon made him forget about it. We then went for a sing song at the library's Rhyme Time class and I got a good natter with some of the other mums.


Next lot of jabs are at 2 months so we get to repeat all this again in 4 weeks :(

x

No comments: